Wednesday, July 31, 2013

Ollo

Hey Hey Hey
Well this week has been pretty awesome! its amazing what an attitude change can do for you! Mom i think i finally understand what you ment when you would always tell me that noone can make me feel a certain way. only I can influence how i feel. So yeah this week has been good. Not to say that its not hard anymore, believe me, its still super hard. but i am just finding more joy in the work and learning to just treasure and love every minute of my mission because itgoes by so fast and i will never have this time back and i dont want to keep looking back and regreting things. But I am getting more used to Beaumont. I still feel like i dont know anyone is the ward, and Lake Charles still feels like my home. I dont get home sick anymore, i get home sick for Lake Charles. haha Sorry guys. But dont worry. i still miss you too. The ward is super nice and VERY missionary oriented so that is a nice change from LC and we get fed alot which is not so good. but i am doing better about not gaining so much weight. haha sister Kempton is the sister Training leader so she goes on exchanges once a week so that is good and gives me a chance to get to know the area better cause i get to do stuff. And sister Clegg just walks around like she is in a daze all the time and doesnt really do anything. poor girl. i think she is really homesick and her dad writes her a letter everyday and talks about home and sends pictures so that doesnt really hlep either. But we are doing really good. When i was home i never felt like i was funny cause dad and Kaci were always arond. but now my cmomps laugh at everything i say so i guess i am funny? who knows. you get a strange sense of humor when you are a missionary cause you dont have that much to entertain you. But i did find a huge dead beetle and i kept hiding it around the apartment to scare my cmops. that was pretty funny. then while Kempton was gone i tied him (his name is baxter) to a piece of thread and taped it to the fan so when she came home and turned on the light inthe bedroom he came flying off and flew around in the air! haha it was so funny. i was peeing my pants! baxter flew around the room for 10 minutes and she didnt even notice! so he started getting really stinky so i finally took him down. But i still have him so now i am going to hide him in the elders car so it will stink it up. haha im so mean. Oh and mom the elders here are Elder Limb who i was with in LC and Elder Ho Ching he is poly. They are awesome but sometimes they bug me and they are always asking me to make them food. but i guess hat is just guys for ya. haha So we have Karen who is our main progressing Gator. She is getting baptized on the 17th of august in a swim cap, nose plugs, ear plugs and sitting down not going backwards. she has a phobia of water and she gets dizzy if she lays down. so that will be interesting but its awesome that she is goig to overcome her fears and get baptized! she is kinda crazy and she came to a baptism on friday the ward pinewook derby on satrurday and churchon sunday and she has to be the center of attention. it is so funny. but she loved it. Kurwin is our other gator. He is awesome and committed to baptism our first visit. but he lives somewhere else on the weekeednds so he cant come to church here so we are working on that. I am in the Ghetto and there are always sirens going off and gun shots being fired but it is pretty awesome. I am atarting to love the ppl here and Today i am cutting a ladies hair in the ward who just got baptized and she just found ot that she has breast cancer. it is so sad. We do alot of tracting and LA work because there are alot of part member families in the ward. I love being a misionary and even tho i hate the heat I am loving it down here. I hope you all have an awesome week! I love yall sooooooo much!
Love sister Hamilton

No comments:

Post a Comment