Thursday, August 8, 2013

ALLLLLLLLLLLright

Well Fam-bam what a great week i had! It really was a pretty good week. aside from being sick and. . . well i dont want to get to graphic but yeah i was pretty sick. The stress is getting to me, but Im alive which is all that matters right? So I have been thinking alot about alot of things, like usual so if this is all scattered and random, i forgot my planner which is my brain. sorry i will try and remember everything. Oh and this might be short cause we are having zone pday and we are going to go play mud football and a bunch of stuff but i will hit the high lights of my week.
So Karen, basically our only progressing gator is doing awesome! we started teaching her the POS yesterday and she had so many AH-HA moments and it just made me so happy! moments liek that, when you see an investigators face light up and they see the truths that htye have been missing and everything makes sense to them. those are the moments that i live for as a missionary. they boost my spirit and show me again why i am here. I was so happy. i was smiling all day :) she is gong to get baptized on the 17 if we can teach her all the lessons by then. so hopefully we can. she is crazy and loves to talk and go off about random things so it takes us along time to teach her. It took us 4 visits to teach L1 so yeah. we gotta work fast. 
We have seen alot of miracles this last week. during the hour of power sister Clegg picked the street and then when we got there she changed her mind and said that we needed to go somewhere else and sister kempton was really mad but we went to the other street anyway and we started knocking and the third door we knocked on the lady let us right in and we talked to her forever! she had met with missionaries before and she was super open to us coming back. she is AMAZING.  She has 11 kids only 2 of them are hers and the rest are kids who were in foster care that noone else wanted because they were too old or they have disabilities. and she was basically quoting the family proclamation to us while we were there. so she is mormon and she just doesnt know it yet. so that was awesome. we are going back to teach her tuesday.
We found an old man yesterday and his wife died last year and he wanted us to come in but we couldnt and he siad that tons of people have knocked on his door but he just noticed somthing different about us so he decided to let us in. so that was pretty cool. we are going to teach him on tuesday also.
Things are starting to pick up for us. We are trying really hard to get our investigaors to progress its hard to get pl to keep commitments but weare working hard.
We talked in zone meeting about buring our weapons, again. i seem to always talk about that. because it is so important. And i need to have my desires be more focused on the lord and the work. I sometimes dont have my desires focued totally on the work and i let the natural man take ahold of me and i get lazy and i dont have all my heart and soul into the work. so the weapon that i am burying is the desires of my heart. My desires always need to be focued on the work. In Preach my Gospel under faith in Lesson 3 it says that God can help us change the desires of our hearts. I have to work. God is only going to help me. he isnt going to do it for me. I have to pray and work hard to get the blessing that i want. I had a really great quote but it was in my planner that i forgot so i will send it next weeek.
I have been being really hard on myself lately because i see all of these awesome missionaries around me all the time doning really awesome things and todya i had some personal revelation during studies when i was looking over my notes from the MTC and trying to decide what my weapon was that i was going to bury. And I realized that God just wants us to work to improve ourselves, he doesnt expect us to be perfect but he does expect us to work hard and to keep working and never give up. I can try and try my hardest but i will never be perfect, I am a work in progress, a construction zone, a Glorious being Capable of becoming. Becoming what my Father in Heaven wants me to become. Becoming the missionary that he expects, Becoming the Sister, daughter, wife, mother anything that i am called to be, i am capable of becoming. We all are. We are all Glorious beings and our heavenly father loves us and wants whats best for us. And its better to be a contruction Zone then a bumpy pot hole filled road where no work is going on. Remember that.
Love sister Hamilton

No comments:

Post a Comment