Saturday, August 24, 2013

Tears all around (from 8/12)

Dearest Family, Oh how i love you dearly. Can i just start by saying how much i love you? I really do. and I hope you know that. I hope you know how much i pray for each one of you individually and plead with the lord for you and the different things that each one of you are going thru. Words cant express how much i care for you. Yall are the best.
So this week has been a CRAZY week. I think i have felt the most different emotions this week then i ever have my whole mission. it was crazy. but i have learned alot about myself and also my companions. So first thing i learned is that I am SUPER out of shape. haha on monday at our zone pday we did all sorts of sports but i almost died. i just like to think that it is because it is so hot. haha but we had fun and i got a good workout. The nxt think i learned came over the period of about two days. on tuesday we had zone conference combined with the orange zone(my old zone) so i got to see my baby and all my old pals from Louisiana so that was fun. I miss sister Barton alot. we had alot of fun together but we also know how to work hard and do work. but anyway after we had to talk to pres about our companionship problems because they got so bad to the point that members could tell that things were not good and the zone leaders could tell so they called president and told him and then i guess sister kempton was complaining about things so she told him that we needed to talk. so we had a 2 1/2 hour companionsip inventory with president and sister Crawford. It was a bunch of Bologna at first but i decided that i needed to do my best to just get over it and i put on my big girl pants and realized that noone can make me feel any way. i am in control of my emotions and i control how i feel and how i choose to act. so after my two comps cried to pres for ever(I didnt cry once!) he told us to go home and just talk and get to know each other and work out our problems. so we went and got food and just talked and got to know each other better (Kinda) so that we can understand eachother better. I dont really feel like we got any better on a personal level but we did decide to be more open with each other. so when someone isnt happy we are going to talk about it instead of just letting it fester inside. So then the next night, wednesday night, i got a call from president telling me that i was going to get emergency transfered because a sister was going home so he needed me to go and be with her companion and help her get back on her feet cause i guess they had been having a really hard time. So i was totally taken aback because we were just getting to the point of our companionship working and then i was going to get taken away. So we just kinda sat there for a minute after i hung up and then sister kempton was like, No he cant take you away, I screwed up the whole transfer and i thought i was going to have one week to try and make things better. Then she started crying so i gave her a hug and reasurred her that she didnt mess things up and it was ok (even tho that was not toally true i decided to forget about myself and my hurt feelings) we just cried forever and she told me that she was going to miss me alot. So taht was a shock. i didnt even think that she cared about me. So i cried all night thinking about all the people here that i have learned to love and how i didnt get to spend that much time here but also knowing that i will go where ever i am needed but wishing and praying that i could stay. So it was a rough night. But in the morning president called again and said that he decided that i needed to stay where i was. so that was a huge relief! iwas so happy tha ti started crying again. haha Then during comp inventory it got a little heated between sister kempton and sister clegg. which i never know what to do. I dont want to but in there problems but i feel weird just sitting there watching. But We are alot more open with each other now and sister Kempton told me that she has really learned this past week how much i love the people around me and put my whole heart into the work and really truly love the people and her. So taht was nice. I guess taht is the one thing i am good at cause all three of my companions have said taht to me. that i am good at loving people. So atleast i am doing something right! But we have had lots of miralces this week. it is amazing for me to look back at the end of each day and write in my journal about the many miracles that happened that day. It is humbling to really see that we are just tools in the lords hands. one of the sweetest old ladies in the ward put it the best i have ever heard it. (She was talking about how she helped a family in need when the mom was going back to school and teh dad was working all the time so she went over to cook and clean for them.) She said "I didnt do anything, The Lord did it. I just had to be there because it wouldnt look dignified for the Lord to be carrying around a mop bucket." THis is so true! so many times we are just a tool in the lords hands. it is amazing for me to be able to see this in my everyday life. I love it! We found an old man Named James who let us in after 32 years of turning ppl away because he said there was something different about us and he needed to know what we were all about. he came to church on sunday and he has started reading the BOM. Karen Told me that she is so glad that i was unselfish enough to put my life on hold and come outand teach people about the gospel because she needed me. She told me that i have grown on her and she will never be the same after meeting me. We got a referral for a guy who found the gospel while in Boot camp because one of guys in his group was a member and he opened his mouth and shared the gospel with him. He came to church on sunday and we have started teaching him. These are but a few of the many miracles that have happened this week. These are the moments that make all the pain and heartache worth it. These are the moments that make me pour out my heart in gratitude each night to my Heavenly Father that he found me, Alexis Hamilton, worthy enought to labor among his children and share the gospel with them. I am the luckiest person i know, but it is more then luck. it is truly a blessing that i will be eternally grateful for. My quote from last week that i forgot is this; If you want the blessing, dont just kneel down and pray about it. Prepare yourselves in every concievable way you can in order to make yourselves worthy to receive the blessing you seek.- Harold B. Lee.  
I love you all! have a Great week!

No comments:

Post a Comment