Wednesday, December 11, 2013

December what? (from 12/2/2013)

Hello my darling family!

I hope that yall had a good thanksgiving and you ate lots of food. Cause we sure did! we had three dinners but only ate at two of them. It was a good time and I am so grateful for the ward members who took us in as their own and let us join with their families and spend the day with them. The Lord truly blessed me because the day was not as hard as i thought it would be, being away from all of yall. But i still thought about you and i still missed you. but i am grateful for I am grateful for this time that i have to be away from home serving my Savior. This time has truly blessed my life and i will forever be grateful for it.

I cant believe that it is december already! The time has flown by. the leaves are just barely starting to change here so it doesnt feel like december. We were biking on wednesday and it was soooooo cold! i was frozen from head to toe, and i was thinking about how the next day was thanksgiving and i was away from home and my family but i was so happy! i had an overwhelming feeling come over me that this is where i need to be and that i am doing what my Heavenly Father wants me to do. Maybe i need to bike more often ;)
This week was pretty slow considering the holiday and such but we tried our hardest to not let it get to us and to work hard. Its so sad how we have to start over because almost all of our investigators have dropped us or gone missing and they wont get back to us and they are never home. But we still have R. But he will not be getting baptized saturday. he still hasnt made it to church. and we were not able to meet with him again this week. but we talk to him a couple times a week and he is still doing good. We asked the branch fast for him yesterday. im not sure if anyone actually did, but I felt assured as i was fasting for him that all will be well and that Heavenly Father is aware of R and he loves him.

We were able to get back in contact with P, and we are going to keep teaching her. Things just got really crazy with her bed bug infestation and she struggles financially so her phone got shut off. The day we Biked Heavenly Father blessed us with so many miracles. It was a great day.

I have been thinking alot about what im grateful for and everyday that i am out doing my Fathers business i am reminded more and more of all the blessings i have. Especially as we were at a recent converts home the other night and there was roaches crawling EVERYWHERE!! they were in our cups that we were trying to drink out of, we were killing them on the floor as they were crawling past, we were smacking them off the couch when they were trying to crawl on us. I felt so bad for them. my heart was broken that they have to live like that. I guess there is alot worse things then bugs but it was really really bad and instead of being discusted i just wanted to cry. I am so blessed that i dont have to live like that. Althought i have occasionally killed huge wood roaches there has never been a million of them crawling everywhere. I am so blessed. And i have noticed that i take alot of things for granted. I complain because our apartment smells like smoke, and the neighbors keep us up all night with there screaming and loud music, and its not as nice as the elders, and its in the Ghetto. But atleast i have a nice apartment that isnt full of bugs, i have a bed that doesnt have bed bugs in it, i have hot water to take a shower in, i have clean clothes and food to eat. I really am blessed. I hope that yall take the time every night when you are praying to give thanks for all the many things that we are blessed with. Especailly the gift of being members of the church! that is one of the greatest blessings we have! 
I love yall sooo sooo much and i am so grateful for you! have a good week!
Love sister Hamilton 

No comments:

Post a Comment