Wednesday, March 27, 2013

Road Kill


This week was really hard but full of miracles i would say. So lets start at the beginning.
Mon- was a good pday. i cut elder deckers hair and then we packed up to go to the mission home becasue we had sister conference tuesday. we picked up the trio of sisters that is closest to us and were driving. comp was driving and was out of it casue she wasnt doing very well but she wouldnt let me drive. so it was about 930 or so and toatally dark. we were ona two lane highway behind a semi and it was going really slow so we were going to pass it. the coast was clear so she went in the other lane to pass and when we were about halfway past the semi a car came out of nowhere and we were literally head on. i know im a drama queen and i exagerate alot but i am not exagerating at all when i say that i I saw my life flash befor my eyes. i thought of all of the things that i value most in life and it was like a saw a time line of my life go in front of my eyes. I was praying that my family would be watched over since i would be gone now, and then i heard a voice as clear as if  someone was right in my ear telling me that my time wasnt over yet and that i still had lots of work to do. and then all of the sudden it was as if god literally picked up our car and moved it and we were back on the right side of the road and we were all still alive. This was a miracle because there was no way that we should have come out of that alive. I am so grateful now for everyday that i wake up and i get another day to live.
Tue- was sister conference and it was good. We currently have 32 sister and hermanas in the mission and in july it is going to go up to 62 in the mission. so i am most likely going to be training this transfer and if not then defiantely the next. But sad news, Marcus dropped us :( We think that he is gay so he didnt like the fact that the elders wouldnt be teaching him anymore and he really doesnt like sister erickson. so he dropped us. I am really sad :(
Wed- We had a 4 hour companionship inventory and i just layed everything out on the table. It feels good to have everything off my chest and she is going to work on some things. Things are better now but still working on some stuff, but tons better. I should have done that along time ago. haha one of the things that she said bugs her about me is that i dont talk enough. so that night we were with the ward for this teacher appreciation thingy where the kids in the ward invite there teachers and they have  a program and a dinner. so we were waiting on tables and so just to prove comp wrong that i can talk when i actually get the chance i talked to a teacher who is catholic and teaches riligion at a catholic private school for like 2 hours. i bore my testimony and just talked about what i like about our church and asked him what he liked about his. It was a really interesting conversation but I was proud of myself that i did something hard and Proved to my comp that I can talk when she actually gives me the chance. 
Thu- Was the weirdest day ever. We met with the pentacostal lady i told you about awhile back casue she called and wanted to meet. So we went to her house and she was all like" i dont believe in coincidences so i prayed to god and he told me that the reason why yall knocked on my door was so that i could show you the truth." we listened to her politely and then when itwas our turn to talk she just was being rude and wouldnt listento anything. so we fianlly left. Then during our hour of power every single house that we knocked on and someone answered the people bashed on us and were super rude. one lady was like " im already saved and I dont have to go around knocking on doors to earn my way into heaven" I was like uhhhhhhh im knocking on doors to try and earn your way into heaven. She was rude. But whateves. Im over it.
Fri-Travis Dropped us.... :( But we decided not to let him. so we showed up at his house and talked and resolved his issues which were dumb. he was all like " the bible says that no man has seen god so i dont believe JS saw god." but then we were like have you ever read the bible. it says in so many places that prophets saw god. And moses talked to god face to face. " Those were all visions, they didnt actually see him in color and in the flesh." What about moses? "well i am going to have to look that up cause i never heard that before." Well so you believe in visions and people seeing god in visions? "Yeah" well JS had a vision. we call it the first vision. "Well why didtnt you say that before? yall are the worst teachers ever and you keep hiding things from me" we told you from the very get go that we are not perfect teachers and to ask question. " well I dont know if i believe the book of mormon. " then i said can you honestly look me in the eyes and tell me that you have been reading the book or mormon and praying to know thats its true, or have you been reading it just to find stuff that can contradict it in the bible? He was pretty stumped by that and just said " i pray all the time" But we worked things out and he siad we can come back even tho we got in a sass fight. haha
District meeting was interesting as usual. I was teling the elders monday that our DL picks on me so on friday when they saw that i was right they were just laughing their heads off all during the meeting. We went to go check on some less-actives in the ward that noone knows who they are and one of them had been dead for a year, and the other one moved and a muslim family lives there. It was interesting. hahah we had dinner with the ward RS pres and she just whined to us the whole time about how everyone expects too much from her and blah blah blah. then she gives us this list of pelple and is like will you go find out who these people are? we divided up the ward list and everyone in the pres got a list but i cant go to random ppls houses, i have a baby for heavens sake, what if its realy dirty. i have a baby i cant do it. So you guys can find out and just let me know. I was like oh gosh you are messed, but we will do the best we can. And she just wanted to gossip with us about everyone in the ward. Not a good experience.
sat-We had lunch with the conners. they are a returning less-active couple. she served a mission and he is a convert but he is more into the church then she is. They took us to a mexican restaurant and we had a good lesson on the atonement with them. Then i went on Hoarding; burried alive and helped our recent convert clean out her bedroom. It was sooo gross! her and her husband and their daughter are all really big and over weight so its hard for them to do stuff so she sat on the bed while we went thru everything. There was just piles and piles of stuff everywhere. There was a whole garbage bag full of dirty stained underwear that we had to go thru cause she wanted to see if there was any good ones she could use. There were clothes from years ago just everywhere. I decided to clean out the closet and that was a mess. There was a 4 inch thick layer of dust everywhere and it looked like cotton candy it was so thick. I organized the closet so they could actuallly use it now. we only got thru half the room and were were there from 1-6. They have cats and they poo and pee everywhere and they never vacuume anything. I want to just clean the whole house but we cant do everything for her. It was funny tho too. we found all of these clothes and she wanted to try them on to see if they still fit. so i was helping her get this shirt off of her head that was stuck and im sitting there pulling on it and it wasnt coming off. then she was trying on this denim dress and when she decided that it didnt fit she was pulling it off and she pulled off her shirt with it. she just looked down at her naked belly all confused and was like " well i used to have a shirt on. . . " hahah it was soooo funny i almost peed my pants. But i love her! she is the best. and we are trying to get our way in so we can teach her husband and thier daughter. Then they took us to dinner and that was good. then we had another dinner appt with Crystal, the Barbie. She is so sweet and always wants us to come over on the weekends. so we had two dinners and we just talked to her for awhile about missionary work casue she wants to come out with us sometime.
sun- was pretty good. These twin girls in the ward had their farewell, they are both going to brazil. they talked about the atonement and one of them read the poem that we usually read when we talk about the atonement. so now we cant use it anymore. haha. but they did good. Then after church we had dinner with a family in the ward and he told us his conversion story and it reminded me alot of garett, it was pretty cool. he is an awesome guy. They are the same family that we helped paint a couple weeks ago casue they are moving. The husband hates sister missionaries but he really liked me. he was like" i usually dont like sister missionaries but you are different. I like you. Your approved to be in my house now. " haha It was funny. Then we went to check on some less actives but noone was home anywehre so then we decided to stop by a families house that we have been trying to get in for weeks. The elders were teaching the dad but he wants his family to be involved so luckily they were home so we taught a L1 that we were not even prepared or expecting to teach and we dont even know how we got thru it. the Lord was really guiding us and it was a really good lesson and was alomost half and half with the teaching but I got to teach alot so i was happy. They all felt the spirit and mostly believed what we were teaching so it was amazing and they want us to come back and the daughter invited us to her graduation. haha it was funny. but they were really sad when they asked us what we were doing for easter and we told them that we are away from our families and everything that goes along with missionary work. But they are really awesome so we have 4 new investigators now! So pray for the Varner Family! Oh and The dad is the best, i love him so much. him and his son walked us out to our car when we were leaving casue it was dark and he hugged me like 6 times and then the son hugged me. so i have now hugged 3 men on my mission. Whoops! But if you saw the dad and how friendly he is and how sweet you couldnt turn him down either.
Well that was pretty much my week! Thanks for all the prayers coming my way! Its becasue of all of you that i am still alive and doing well! I know that God lives and that he watches over his missionaries. I know this church is true and i love being able to share the message of the restoration with anyone and everyone who will listen to me. I have felt the spirit testify to me so strongly that this is where i need to be, In lake Charles Louisiana and that i have a work to do here.  i know that jesus Christ is my savior and that he loves me and knows every single emotion that we ever experience.  I am so glad that it is easter and we get to refelect even more on his atonement and the love that he has for us and the love that God has for us by giving us his only son. I am so blessed and even tho its hard to be away, I just think of all of the families that i get to help be together forever and it makes it worth it to be away from you guys for this short time. I hope you know that i pray for you guys non stop and I am so glad that the lord is watching over you while I am away. I love you guys soooooo much and i miss you to pieces! hope you have a good week. Love sister Hamilton

No comments:

Post a Comment