Friday, March 1, 2013

Hey, Hey, Hey

Well I am going to NASA on Monday for a zone P-day and then I am doing exchanges on tuesday, and then i have new missionary training on Wednesday so i had to email today so you would hear from me before thursday. haha but none of you have emailed me back so i don't have anything to respond to. But i did get your package on Tuesday night. Thanks guys! Your the best! But you are trying to fatten me up or something. I have to be careful and not eat only candy all the time. haha But I love all my valentines and they are hanging up on my wall. And i am glad that porter included Lucious. I thought he was dead cause no one ever said anything about him. So i am glad that he is alive and well. I miss my little Lucious.
 But i am glad that you all had fun in Cali without me. was the weather good? Did you guys go to the beach or anything while you were there or just watch some serious laxin from kaci? And kaci I am super confused who died? Mardi hasn't written me for awhile so i have no idea what is going on. you should write me all the deets cause i don't know whats going on. hahah I had the weirdest dream about the death of whoever. I will have to write you about it. hahahah anyway I am glad you are all alive and well and thanks for the pic of Gary and telling me where he is going. I guess he forgot about me cause I told him to email me when he found out and he didn't  But don't worry dad, i am not emailing him back. Anyway. I had a dream Tuesday night that he went to the same misison as Cole and Cole was his trainer. it was pretty funny. But nope he is going to the same mission as Quin Ashton. 
Well I guess i should tell you about my week now. So Wednesday we had zone conference in Orange Texas and it was really good. The mission pres, his wife, the AP's, and the mission Dr and his wife all came and they taught us stuff. I guess missionaries have been getting hit and killed while riding their bikes so we talked about bike safety for awhile. and then we talked alot about numbers and such. Every companionship is supposed to be getting 1 baptism every month so that the whole mission will have 50 baptisms every month. So we are trying our best but our area is pretty rough. But I had Gumbo for the first time at zone conference. it was pretty good. nothing too special tho. I didnt really love it but it was interesting. then I had Gumbo again on Thursday with a family in the ward. So now im just full of Gumbo. Wednesday night we had dinner with the stake RS pres. she is really nice. she was super busy so she just took us to chick-fil-a but we had a good chat. we were talking at dinner the pres told us that she has two kids who are less-active and her youngest son says that he is gay, but he doesn't practice it or do anything about it. But I could tell how hard it was for her to tell us that and how much pain she has in her heart for her two kids that are less-active. I know that is has nothing to do with the parents and everyone had there agency and can do what they choose. I said some stuff to her and she was like "Well there are six kids in my family an none of them are less-active, 
On thursday we met with T again. It was AMAZING! He is so cool. he is this big black guy who has earrings and wears alot of jewelry and he was telling us about how people judge him because of the way that he looks but if they took the time to get to know him and see his heart they would see that he is a man of God just looking for the truth. He had so many good questions for us and he is really really interested. He likes to have proof of everything but everything we told him so far he agrees with, except tithing, because in the new testament it got rid of paying one tenth and says give as you prosper. so he was kinda worried when we told him that we believe in paying one tenth. But I am excited to keep teaching him, and I just got right in there when we were teaching and I didnt let my comp. talk over me because i had so much to say and so i was happy about that. He said he is going to start reading the book of Mormon cause he is looking for the truth and we told him he would find it in that book. so hopefully we will keep that commitment also on Thursday for our hour of power we were walking along this busy road and there werent that many houses but we went to this one little house and there was this old man that came out and talked to us and the whole time he just kept looking us up and down and commenting on how pretty and young we were. it was really creepy but he didnt want to talk religion because he is Catholic, not practicing but born and raised that way and he isnt going to change. but we could talk about other things if we wanted. So yeah we left. but he was a genuine Cajun, it was funny. there are not that many real Cajuns left in Louisiana but we found one. 
Then on friday our zone leaders called us for the second week in a row and were not satisfied with our numbers that we planned for the upcoming week. This really upset my comp. I read my scriptures and Planned lessons for the Less-actives that we visit.  So we played clue for awhile then we went to the library to do Mormon.org stuff. then we went back home and got ready to go to a picnic with the stake pres. and his wife and they were bringing a less-active from the ward. It was really fun and it was cold so i loved it! But everyone else was too cold so they packed up and left and we didn't get to give our message because they were too cold, but they said we would do it again sometime soon. Then we had a lesson with our Recent convert Susan, we were going to take the relief society pres with us and talk about visiting teaching, but the pres ditched out on us just like everyone in the ward does when it comes to coming with us to lessons. its so frustrating. So we planned a new lesson to give Susan but we were visiting when we first got there and then her husband came home and we were talking to him and then he was hungry so Susan had to go make him dinner so we left and didn't get to give our lesson for the second time that day. When we were leaving the Husband, Rod gave my companion a hug! So we were laughing and i was teasing her about hugging a man and everything was fine and dandy and the previous sadness of the day was gone. But then Our zone leaders called again to apologize or something and that got her going again so she started crying and was mad again after they hung up, so i called out district leader and he came over and gave her a blessing. I tried to help but she wouldn't talk to me so i just rubbed balance, serinity, lavender and wild orange on her feet for A LONG TIME. It was a long night. And then it was even longer because i had a nightmare and i couldn't sleep so i layed in my bed for most of the night and early morning trying to fall asleep. it was not good.
 then this morning my comp wouldn't get out of bed again. so i just did my daily study and started writing letters cause today is our kind of P-day. But any who. I have a lot of fluid in my ears and today when I woke up I had dried crusty puss in my right ear. I put Meleluca on a cotton ball and stuck it in my ear and rubbed some on the outside. Should i be doing anything else to help it? I haven't been able to hear out of it for the past couple days because it is clogged but i hope its just cause of the weather change. 
Well I don't know what else to tell you. . . . This week has gone by really fast and we are getting excited because we actually have people we are teaching! Yay! I'm really excited and i keep telling my comp that she needs to let me teach, so i get to sometimes. We only have one person in the whole ward who will ever come out with us and so we have to use her a lot because if we go to teach a single man, we have to have another adult woman with us or we can't go in their house. I feel bad cause she comes so much but she is a saint and I love her! Well I hope all is going well and that you guys are having fun up in Logan for the old version of sweet hearts that is going on. and Kaci I am sorry you didn't get to go to sweet hearts, but at least you got asked! and three times, that awesome! Your just such a foxy moma the men cant resist!  I wish i could be there with everyone but give them all my love! Miss you all so much! But the 5th of march is my transfer mark so i will have been out here for a whole transfer! One down 11 to go! haha But I am staring to really love the people and things are getting better every week, well most every week. Love you all bunches and bunches! Sister Hamilton 

No comments:

Post a Comment