Friday, March 1, 2013

Hey Guys!

Note: This is from February 4th
Thanks for all of the emails! I loved them and I miss you guys so much. I cant believe I have almost been gone for a whole month. it feels a lot longer then that. I have been thinking about you guys alot latetly, more then usual and I hope eveything is ok and all is going well. You guys need to tell me everything so i still feel like i am a part of your lives while I'm so far away. 
I am 41/2 hours away from the mission home and in Louisiana. Its called lake Charles. I was really excited when I found out that i was going to Louisiana  Sunday was really hard for me because of the time difference i was at church the same time as you guys. I couldn't stop crying and I bore my testimony in sacrament meeting thinking about you guys sitting at church in Utah. I keep replaying our conversation on Monday over and over in my head and wishing that it could have been longer. I cant wait till mothers day when I get to see you guys on skype. I am glad that porter got a turtle and named in after me although i don't think that i ever bit you, you should have named it after mom cause she bites us all the time. I cleaned the bathroom in the apartment today and I thought of Paityn the whole time and i hope you are having fun cleaning the bathroom at home. I bet it is nice and clean all the time now that I'm gone. I wish that i could have been there when bum got ordained! You will have to send me some pictures of him in his cute little suit! I miss my cute little bummy bum. 
I am glad that you are doing missionary month. That was always my farovite and it is NOTHING like being on a real mission but it is still fun and makes you think about those things. I dont really know what you could do to make it more like a real mission. you would have to take everyone away from their families for a month and that would be an experience. haha But you will have to keep me updated on how it goes. I am in the area that Sister Cheney left from and I am with her old companion. My bike is really nice i like it. i haven't had the chance to ride it yet because we have a car too that we usually drive. But we have to use a lot of miles this month to get to some far away meetings so we will probably start riding tomorrow. The weather has been really nice. not too hot yet. I got a water bottle with my bike so i use that and drink alot every day so dont worry. And i sleep with my diffuser right by my bed everynight. I have been having relaly bad stress headaches a lot and I had to get another blessing because my head was hurting so bad. i am hoping that it will get better the longer i am hear and the less stressed that i get. I am losing weight because I cant eat I am so homesick. The only thing i have ate is trail mix and mini oranges. I am praying really really hard that I will be ok and i can do this hard thing. I am still waiting to see how my efforts will help people. We have been tracting a lot and most everyone is catholic or baptist and they don't want to talk to us. We have left pamphlets with a couple of people but no one has called us back. My campanion had a coulple of investigatiors but they all canceled on us this week so we have just been teaching lessons to less active members. I feel like i am living in the movie princess and the frog because I am in louisiana and close to the coast and all the Bayous.  There is this cute little old lady Sister Fruge (Froo-shay) And she is the white version of mama Odie. She has no teeth and has the exact same body type and says alot of the same words. she calls us baby and suga and honey and she has a little dog instead of a snake and she loves him except for when he goes "tee-tee" on her carpet in her room then she lockes him out. She is really sweet. My companion doesnt let me teach. She does all the talking and I sit there like an idiot. If i try and say something she willl cut me off or just talk over me. I talked to her about it and she said that i dont know enough so she has to keep training me before i can help teach. and who knows how long that will be. So for now i just sit there while she teaches and look like i dont know anything. Its really frustrating.She is 23 and she thinks that I am a baby and should have waited longer before i came out. Its all just part of a mission tho and im worlking through it. It is mardi gras right now so that is pretty cool that I can say i was in Louisiana during Mardi Gras. I will have to send Mardi somthing official and mardi Gras for her birthday. Keep sending letters. I haven't got any in a whole week and I feel so lonely. My address is 1531 Country Club Drive #911 Lake Charles LA, 70605. One of the elders in lake charles we figured out that we were in symphony together so that was fun. I am going to cut their hair today and my comps. And yes her name is Sister Erickson and She is from Provo. There is really nothing else to tell you. nothing really has happened. Just go tracting all day long and somtimes teach a less active lesson but noting too exciting. Hopefully something will happen soon. I love you all so much and I miss you to pieces! I hope everything is going well and i sent you a letter and I wll write another one today with some spiritual stuff in it since this is all just fluff. I promise im a missionary. haha write me soon! I love you all sooooooooooooooooooooooo Much!   Sister Hamilton Ps the pictures are all from the MTC with my MTC comp sister conder. we found and elder that looked like russell and Elder wood thought my diffuser top looked like a yamaca. Elder woods birthday was while we were there so we bought hims stuff and wrapped it in toilet paprer. The two guys one of them poly were my district leaders in the MTC. me and my comp both had bears so we took pictures of them. There is a picture of my bunk in the MTC and then A picture of us on the bus going to the airport monday morning with elder whimpey in the background. Ok nevermind i still cant get my camera to work. maybe i will just have to send it home and you can send it back. Love you!

No comments:

Post a Comment