Thursday, September 5, 2013

Becoming

Well family, sorry im a day late but hope yall had a good labor day. We just hung out and we watched the elders play dungeons and dragons. whatever that is. but it was a good day.
So i dont really know what to say about this week. It was a really hard weeek and it felt like everything was working against us. But i have had alot of weeks like that on my mission and i just need to get over it and keep workin harder. So we only found one new investigator this last week which was frustrating  because we desperatly need more people to teach! But aside from all of that i will talk about the highlights of the week.
So the Elders had 4 baptisms on saturday, it was supposed to be five cause Karen was supposed to be getting baptized but that obviously fell through. But it was a good day and it was so awesome to see how happy those individuals were when they came out of the water. I was in tears the whole time and i felt the spirit so strong! it was a good time for me to reflect on my own baptism and the promises and covenants that i made with my heavenly father. James came to the baptism which was good. we told us he wouldnt but we went back over to his house a couple hours before and invited him again and he said he would be there. I hope it was a good exsperience for him and that he felt the spirit. I Have decided that the hardest thing for me as a missionary is getting my investigators to recognize the spirit. Their conversion would be alot easier if they could recognize and acknowledge the spirit. I do all i can to help them but i could obviously be doing more or they would get it. I guess i just need to work on my teaching skills more. I have so many things that i need to work on that i feel like i will never have enough time to work on them all. And most times i feel overwhelmed and dont know where to start. That is why my email is titles becoming, because i decided that i am not becoming the missionary that i want to be and i dont feel like i have progressed very much. so i am going thru my life and everything and deciding what i need to give up and what i need to do bettor on. I am scared and it gives me anxiety because of some of the things that i decided that i need to give up but i am willing to make this sacrifice so that i can become the missionary that i want to be and the missionary that the Lord expects me to become. So just keep praying for me that i will have the strength and courage that i need to follow thru with the goals and decisions tha i have made for myself. Missions are hard but they are alot harder if you dont do your best. If you do your best even when they are hard you can be assured taht you did your best and the Lord is happy with your work. I am not yet at that point and i dont know if i will ever get to that point. It has to start with me accepting myself and knowing tha i have worth and that i can do this hard thing that has been placed before me. I know that i am a daughter of God andt that he loves me, but i am still struggling. This has been a hard week but i am doing my best. Just know that i love you and i pray for all of yall and i am so grateful for all the prayers coming my way. I can feel them and i am so blessed to have such an amazing family. Have a good week! i LOVE YOU!!!
Sister Hamilton

No comments:

Post a Comment