Wednesday, April 17, 2013

I'm Having a Baby!


This week was a mess. but it turned out to be pretty ok. The Lord is looking out for me I can tell. Sometimes I dont know how i survive, i Know its only because of all the prayers That are coming my way from all Yall. I am trying to be better at not complaining so i am not complaining i am just telling you what happened this week. haha
Mon- I cut elder H hair and then we went mini golfing. it was really fun and the elders are such nerds. I love them and i am going to miss them. We were supposed to meet with K our LA we have been working with but when we got over there she said she forgot so she told us to come back the next day. Which happens all the time.
Tue-We had president interviews and he was asking me all about my experience over the last two transfers and he told me that A mission is not supposed to be miserable but he said that he knew from the moment he met me that i have a good heart and that the lord wanted me to have this experience for a reason. He also asked me if i had got a lot of pressure to be training which i hadnt so he told me that he wouldnt have me train because he wanted me to be able to have a normal companionship first. but as we kept talking he just said sister hamilton, you amaze me. I cant believe your positive attitude and how you are choosing to come out of this. What would you think if I had you train this next transfer? I said well I guess if the lord wants me too he will provide a way and help me be able to do it. And then he told me he might put me with a companion that has been out for 6 weeks and finished half of her training. but to not worry and he said that i got to stay in lake charles so i was relly happy about that! Then we had our lesson with the G's and that went really well. Bro G isnt ready for the gospel but atleast he is hearing the lessons and feeling the spirit. Then we had dinner with the S's which was good. they are a really nice older couple in the ward. She teaches seminary at her house in the morning for all the kids who live in Moss bluff. Then we had a meeting with K but she cancled again.
wed- We had lunch with P who is a Maw-Maw hipster. she is so funny! I love her. She doesnt go to church because she works in the temple every week so that is her church. . . we still havent quite figured out how she gets a temple recommend but everyone says that she marches to the beat of her own drum. that is probably why she is a hipster. When we were at lunch i placed a BOM with our waiter and P thought he was cute so she was talking to him a whole lot. And she drew him a rose on the receipt. hahah I love her! Then we met with mama F, she was sad that we hadnt been over in a long time but we had a good lesson with her, then we met with D and she was Mad that we hadnt been over in a long time so she just talked about how she was mad the whole time. haha She is cute. Then we went and found a LA guy that was baptized when he was 13 and hasnt been to church since. he doesnt consider himself a mormon but we had a good talk with him and he told us all about his job and he is a really christ like guy. super nice. I placed a BOM with him as well and told him to read it and to come to church sometime. he said he would definately check it out. Then we met with L and her kids. I love L. she is so sweet. Her husband came home while we were there and wanted to make us dinner so we had dinner with them. She watched conference! She said that was the first time she has watched In over 3 years! We are making progress with her. she just needs love. she is so lonely and doesnt know anyone and her husband works all day.
thur- we met with T and he put us in a trap! when we got to his house he had this JW there and he just wanted to slam us and talk about all this stupid stuff in the bible. he was all hung up on that we believe that Jehovah in the Old testement is talking about christ instead of God. it was so annoying. But sis B who was with us just slammed the old guy and was like we didnt come here to argue with you so you need to be quite and listen to the lesson that the sisters have prepared. yeah go sister B! She is so quite and hardly ever says anything so that was surprising. haha then after that we were doing weekly planning. then we went to dinner and we were supposed to do the Hour of power but she didnt want to do it cause we had a fight and we weren't speaking to each other. so we didn't do it. then we had S new member lesson again with the M's and that was good. S is so funny. i love her. 
fri- . So we just went thru DM and then went to lunch then we went home. I got a package from Garett that i had been expecting so i went in the room and opened it. She knew it was coming too and that garetts missionary pictures were in it and she wanted to see them.  " Can I look at the Pictures of Garett?" Then the Zone leaders came to blitz our area and so we gave them some ppl we wanted them to go see and then we went to moss bluff cause we had a reaferral from HQ that we needed to contact. So we went up there and found her but she was busy so we set up a time to come back the next day. then we went LA hunting. we left alot of notes but noone was home or they didnt want to answer. Then we met back up with the ZL and they made appts with most of the ppl we told them to contact and they found a couple other ppl as well. 
sat- we met with L in the morning and C came with us. she is so funny. i dont think he took her seriously but it was good that we got her to come out with us. I planned the lesson for L and i prayed alot about it and felt really guided by the spirit to read the testimony of JS pamphlet with him and then commit him to be baptized. Erickson was skeptical but we did it and when we got to L house he was like i have been reading this pamplet, and guess what it was? THE JS TESTIMONY PAMPHLET!!!  i was like wow the spirit was right. so we talked about it and it was amazing. it resolved his concerns about angels and JS getting the gold plated from an angel cause he read about all the whitnessed of the plates. so that was good. then we invited him to be baptized and he said no. . . but i wouldnt take it so i made this anology about perscriptions andhow he couldnt get his meds if the perscription wasnt signed by a DR and if some random person signed it, im sure they had good intentions and wanted him to get his meds but when he took it to the pharmacy he wouldnt be able to get them. I related it to baptism. he had been baptized twice in different churches. His baptisms are like a perscrition signed by some random person, they had good intentions and he felt the spitit but when he goes to heaven (the pharmacy) and the l lord looks at the signiture(baptism) it wont be an authorized signature so in the end he wont be able to get the meds that he needs ( eternal life) he sat there for a minute and was like. that was a good analogy. i get it. So what do i have to do to prepare to be baptized? AHHHHHHHHH  I was so happy. so we commited him to prepare to be baptized. then we went with s to the FH library so she can start working on getting names for the temple. then we had an appt that the Zl set up for us but the person wasnt home so we went to this restaurant that we have wanted to go to forever and we had fried Boudain balls, and pistolettes. soooo good! and we contacted two ppl in the restaurant. so that was good. then we went to MB and met with our referral. she is so awesome. Golden to the core. But we have to pass her offf cause MB is getting its own set of Missionaries. We had dinner with a family and they didnt talk to us the whole time. . . awkward. then we met with a LA lady who is really depressed and wants her name taken off the records of the church. but she talked and didnt take a breath for 2 hours. it was so sad. she is so lonly. but she has the cutest fattest oswald i have ever seen! I wanted her so bad. I almost kidnapped her. She is so nice and doesnt pee. and she is really well trained. but if i took her the old lady would die. its her baby. but it was good to visit with her and just be there for her to talk to. so many ppl are LA in this ward because they dont have anyone who cares about them. that is what the ward thinks we are for but we cant spend all our time with LA. even tho i would be fine with that. haha
sun- church was good. we had a really good lesson in RS. then after church Erickson packed and then we had dinner with a family, the cofs. then we went to see the con. I love the con they are so awesome. But sister Cons might have Congestive heart failure. its really sad. her dad, brother, sister, grandma, all died from it so hopefully they can get things figured out and get her the help she needs. They are returning LA but they havent been to church in over a month. we had a really good lesson with them about experiencing a might change of heart. Then we went home and pres called and talked to me and told me that i am training. He told me that the lord wants me to train and and i have a good heart and he knows that i will be able to do this even tho i just barely finished getting trained. He told me to take the bad experience i had and help others not have to go thru that. Elder decker is having a baby too and Hooker and Erickson are getting transfered. I am so happy that i get to stay in lake charles! . I feel like Nephi. the lord is asking me to do something hard and my older Brother (E) is mocking and telling me that i cant do it. but i know that the lord will provide a way and that he trusts me so i can do this. it will be hard but we will both be learning together and we will be equals. I am excited for the new adventure that i have ahead of me and I am so grateful for all of the prayers. they are helping me so much! I love you alll soooooooo much! I hope all is well. Love yall! Love sister hamilton

No comments:

Post a Comment